Fabricated thermoplastic markings represent traffic signs projected in horizontal plane. They are made of application materials which enable mostly an identical appearance of traffic signs, which are applied in vertical signalization. .
General characteristics of thermoplastic::
– Possibility of use in any time of the year
– Long-term use
Any time of the year
Thermoplastic is only type of marking on the roads that not depend on temperature of the road. For that reason, it can be applied in any time of the year. Only requirement is that surface must be dry and clean (without dust, grease and oil)- that is almost always possible to achieve with a use of a gas burner).
Avoid numerous barriers
Application of thermoplastic doesn’t require a lot of space. Trucks and machines are not necessary, only brush and gas burner are necessary. For that reason it is possible to avoid numerous barriers and their impact on complications and traffic jams.
6-8 times long-term use of painted road markings
Thermoplastic is a material which melts in the asphalt when heats. Durability of thermoplastic is 6-8 longer than painted road markings. Thermoplastic is, for the fact of durability, also ideal for places of heavy traffic, e.g. intersections. Under the usual circumstances, material is resistant to petrol, oil, snow and ice.
Daily and nightly safety
Thermoplastic contains glass beads which provide optimal reflexivity, that is condition for safety and comfort during the ride in night conditions. Glass beads are situated equally in material with thickness of 2-3 mm, which provides that the effect is present all time of material durability.
Doesn’t pollute the environment
Thermoplastic doesn’t contain toxic substances. Because of that, application and removing this material do not pollute the environment. Colour pigments are organic and do not contain lead or any other heavy metal. The way of application is also very safe, related to usage of gas burner only, in that way contact with hot boilers is completely avoided.
Standardization of thermoplastical markings
Standard dimensions for warning signs
1000 X 1000 mm
2500 X 1200 mm
3000 x 2000 mm
4000 X 1600 mm
Standard dimensions for signs giving order
3000 X 2000 mm
4000 X 2000 mm
Place of setting
– In school zones and other objects where a lot of children move
– At places where the roads and streets cross with bike lanes
– At intersections where visibility is not good
– In zones where intersections are under level
– In zones of railway crossings, without necessary visibility, at inadequate traffic provided and marked places
Starting assumptions for implementing thermoplastic markings
– That the sign in a horizontal plane must be a better copy of the traffic sign from a vertical plane
– That height of motorist’s eyes from road surface is about 1.3 meter,
– That vehicle’s distance from traffic sign in a horizontal plane, in the moment when it should be recognizable, matches with the road that the vehicle goes over at some determined speed at determined time.